[Academic-discuss] Posting to list
luttrell at udel.edu
Fri Jul 17 15:14:29 UTC 2020
My experience with teaching undergraduate technical writing COVID-19 is as
1. In-class faculty had ten days to learn one Learning Management System
and Zoom, as all classes were taught online. We also had to adapt our
curriculum to the new format. Labs were a challenge (I did not have a lab).
2. Student attendance at online classes was 2/3 of in-class attendance.
The faculty attributed this to difficult student living situations since
the campus was closed with only ten days' notice.
3. Lectures took only 2/3 of the time normally allotted for in-class
4. Student participation in class was very poor. I tried to stimulate
discussion, but with little effect.
5. Students did very well keeping up with assignments and did good
work. There was not a noticeable difference in the quality of work for
online vs. in-class work.
6. I did not notice any cheating on quizzes.
7. We had weekly Zoom faculty meetings to discuss the situation and
offer support and suggestions to other faculty members.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Academic-discuss