[Idl-discuss] [Pp-discuss] What volume of information/change can someone absorb in a day?

Adams, Donna Donna.Adams at CIBC.com
Fri May 22 20:30:55 UTC 2015

Thank you all for the feedback on my question. Although I don't have a clear answer, at least I know I'm in good company!

Donna Adams| Documentation Consultant | Business Operations Learning and Documentation | Global Operations and INTRIA | 416-552-1687 |
[cid:image001.png at 01D094AC.AC40FB90]Follow me!<https://my.cibc.com/Person.aspx?accountname=AD%5Cadamdonn&FollowPerson=1>

From: Annette Reilly [mailto:annetterieee at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2015 4:16 PM
To: 'Turek, Stacy D'; 'Dawnell K. Claessen'; Adams, Donna; pp-discuss at mailer.stc.org; idl-discuss at mailer.stc.org
Subject: RE: [Pp-discuss] What volume of information/change can someone absorb in a day?

The velocity of change in information or procedures is closely related to the type of information-stock market prices, weather forecasts and patient medical data are different from  translations of the Bible, US treasury bill interest rates, version-controlled software or troubleshooting procedures. Most software OEMs put out multiple patches weekly or monthly to the public or even to technical customers without expecting end users to understand and retest each change they are applying. Organizations with hundreds of policies and procedures may release multiple changes every month, but the people affected by the change should have been involved in developing the new procedure and how it will be implemented.