[Idl-discuss] Join us January 8 for the "Foundations of Technical Illustrating" webinar with Adam Bradley

Viqui Dill viqui.dill at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 14:04:36 UTC 2020

FREE Tickets
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/foundations-of-technical-illustrating-with-adam-bradley-tickets-130658554253

Join us for the "Foundations of Technical Illustrating" webinar with Adam
Bradley.10:30 am Pacific / 11:30 am Mountain / 12:30 pm Central / 1:30 pm
EasternFriday, January 8, 2021Presented by the STC IDL CoPAbout the webinar

Technical illustrations visually depict complex concepts and convey the
intended information to the end-user in a comprehensible and engaging
manner. Learn how to decide if your material should be depicted visually,
the different types of technical illustrations, raster versus vector
images, types of colors (CMYK versus RGB), and various forms of graphical
projections. We will go through commonly used technical illustration line
weights, line types, and shading techniques. Lastly, we will discuss
Gestalt’s Principles of Design, which present general guidelines that
should be kept in mind when creating any image/graphic.

Takeaways include the following:

- Know when your content should be communicated graphically.

- Learn to communicate with graphic artists and illustrators by using the
same terminology.

- Understand the basics for creating technical graphics, so you can start
utilizing these concepts for communicating your intended information.
About the Speaker:

I work as a Senior Technical Writer/Graphic Artist. I develop aerospace
documentation solutions for the Department of Defense (DoD). I have a
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Industrial Design from Savannah College of Art and
Design (SCAD) and a Master of Business Administration from Georgia Southern
University (GSU). I am currently pursuing a Master of Science in
Information Technology — Business Intelligence & Analytics from Purdue
University Global. I have an Adobe Certified Expert certification from
Adobe for Adobe Illustrator Creative Cloud 2015 and a Project Management
Professional (PMP) certification from PMI.

*Viqui Dill*
She/Her – Why is this here?
<https://nam10.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmedium.com%2Fgender-inclusivit%2Fwhy-i-put-pronouns-on-my-email-signature-and-linkedin-profile-and-you-should-too-d3dc942c8743&data=02%7C01%7C%7C1461c90d11fb4807489908d86bebdff9%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637378008096569860&sdata=wdvJFy7iEvcniQTU1ToGyV9pcnihYts6OMTVrmrQS1M%3D&reserved=0>
  [image: 🏳]️‍[image: 🌈]
Worship Arts Pastor for the exchange
<https://www.facebook.com/exchangeWinc/>
STC Associate Fellow <https://www.stc.org/wiki/what-is-an-associate-fellow/>
Speaker at the virtual STC Summit 2021 <https://summit.stc.org/>
Technical Editor/Writer at HII Technical Solutions
<https://tsd.huntingtoningalls.com/>
Social Media manager and Director at Large for STC Washington, DC -
Baltimore (WDCB) Chapter <https://wdcb.stcwdc.org/>
Programs manager for STC Instructional Design and Learning (IDL) SIG
<http://www.stcidlsig.org/>
Contact: viqui.dill at gmail.com
Mobile: 540.303.0323
Social media: Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/Viqui.Dill>, Twitter