[Idl-discuss] Interested in Judging for the IDL Student Outreach Competition?

mkruryk at gmail.com mkruryk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 04:10:24 UTC 2021

Hello, IDL members

The IDL sponsors an article-writing competition for students who submit a 1000-word article on a topic related to Instructional Design. Our website describes the entire program here: https://www.stcidlsig.org/students/youcanbepublished/

Until now, the entry deadline was a fixed date, once per year; we are moving to either a quarterly deadline or a rolling one, with entries accepted as received.

I am collecting names of up to 12 people who are interested in judging entries in the competition. I hope to form panels of 3 judges and only have to call upon each panel to judge 1 or 2 times per year. I can give you details of the time commitment required by return email – it is not onerous.

Please respond to this email if you are interested in becoming a judge in the competition and meet at least 3 of the following 6 qualifications:

*	Member of the IDL SIG/CoP
*	A university professor of instructional design, adjunct faculty, or an instructor who teaches ID courses for an ID certificate program.
*	At least 7 years of experience in instructional design or technical communication.
*	Working experience in instructional design within the past 5 years.
*	Some formal training in instructional design, such as a certificate program, coursework in an ID program, an undergraduate certificate, or graduate degree in ID.
*	Service as a current or past volunteer in the IDL SIG.

I might point out that this volunteer position looks good on a résumé if you happen to be job-hunting! 😊

Currently, we have two entries from the recent February 15, 2021 competition deadline. If you are willing and able to judge right away, please indicate that in your email to me at StudentOutreach at stcidlsig.org <mailto:StudentOutreach at stcidlsig.org> .

Thank you very much for considering volunteering for one of these positions.

Mellissa Ruryk

She/Her –  <https://nam10.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmedium.com%2Fgender-inclusivit%2Fwhy-i-put-pronouns-on-my-email-signature-and-linkedin-profile-and-you-should-too-d3dc942c8743&data=02%7C01%7C%7C1461c90d11fb4807489908d86bebdff9%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637378008096569860&sdata=wdvJFy7iEvcniQTU1ToGyV9pcnihYts6OMTVrmrQS1M%3D&reserved=0> Why is this here?  🏳️‍🌈

778.233.4544