[Rochester-announce] October issue of Proof Sheet posted, call for judges for Publications Competition

Ann L. Wiley Consultants Inc. ann at annlwiley.com
Mon Oct 5 04:45:59 UTC 2015

Dear members of the Rochester Chapter of STC,

Each month a new issue of the Proof Sheet is being posted on the newsletter
page of the website, http://stc-rochester.org/newsletter/ The issue is
developed throughout the month and archived when the new issue is posted for
the next month. The October issue is now online. A meeting report will be
added after tomorrow's meeting. This format is evolving, and is being used
by the Central New York Chapter and several SIGs. If you have news of the
field or tips and helpful information for publication in the newsletter,
please send me a message. Please note that we are unable to publish
information that promotes a particular business or commercial event, on
account of STC's not for profit status.

The 54th annual technical publications competition is open for entries. The
call for entries was sent to all members of the chapter last week and has
been posted on the website
(http://stc-rochester.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Call_for_Entries_and_En
try_Form_2015_STC_Rochester_Competition.pdf). If you have any questions,
please send me a message.

If you would like to serve as a competition judge this year, please let me
know (ann at annlwiley.com). Each entry will be sent to three judges, and I'd
like to limit the number each person has to judge, so if you are at all
interested please let me know. Prior experience is not required. Judging
provides a great opportunity to see what other organizations are producing
as well as to meet and work with colleagues. If you have questions please
ask.

Thank you,

Ann

Ann L. Wiley Ph.D.