[STC-SM] Job posting - Technical Writer
deborah.stacy at thomsonreuters.com
deborah.stacy at thomsonreuters.com
Tue Oct 13 20:02:24 UTC 2015
McKesson<http://www.mckesson.com/> is looking for a Tech Writer in Pittsburgh, or a Tech Writer who is willing to travel to Pittsburgh regularly (a few days a month).
Technical Writer, Pharmacy Systems
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Pharmacy Systems & Automation, our Pharmacy Management Systems offer customer solutions through three technology systems: EnterpriseRx, PharmacyRx and Pharmaserv. We automate, streamline and centralize systems that conveniently convert data into information and services that help to provide better care, better business and better results.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission-by joining McKesson Pharmacy Systems & Automation you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. We understand the importance of a system that works together. You'll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that's vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Supporting the needs of the customer, the Technical Documentation Specialist collaborates with members of various departments to coordinate and communicate important product information to customers. Once needs are identified, the Technical Documentation Specialist writes, designs, develops, executes and evaluates the effectiveness of a variety of communication and educational materials.
* Develop product release notes, reference guides, online Help, and other software product documentation as needed
* Client facing role working with various stakeholders
* Challenge the status quo in order to drive improvement in processes
* Travel 15% of time (Team Meetings, UAT)
2+ years experience in technical writing
* Samples of technical writing to be provided to hiring team prior to interview.
* Client facing technical writing experience
* Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
* Ability to interpret technical information and translate it into easy-to-understand, concise documentation.
* Adobe RoboHelp, FrameMaker, Flare experience
* Advanced level Microsoft Office Suite - Word and Power Point
Additional Knowledge & Skills
* Experience documenting hospital or pharmacy support software is highly desired
* Jira and SharePoint experience is helpful
* Ability to contribute creative ideas to enhance current offerings.
* Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, to include interviewing internal and external parties including the ability to interview SME's and gather information to develop documentation
* Excellent project and time management skills to successfully navigate and complete multiple projects with multiple deadlines and stakeholders
* Ability to identify communication and education gaps as well as create solutions to solve problem/close gaps
* Resourceful and able to troubleshoot problems and work with required groups to resolve problems
* Innovative with the ability to conceptualize and develop ideas and vision
* Independent and a self-starter
4-year degree or related field or equivalent experience
General Office Demands
Benefits & Company Statement
We believe you should be rewarded for the important work you do. For that reason, you'll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package when you join our team.
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission - whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson Pharmacy Systems & Automation, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
Apply online at:
Job Board Facilitator / Listserv Administrator
STC - Southeastern Michigan chapter
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Southeasternmichigan-discuss