[Stc_presidents-discuss] Welcome to the Presidents' Email List

Stephanie Donovan donovan_stephanie at att.net
Sat Dec 6 16:11:48 UTC 2014

Thanks, Cindy!

I'll start the introductions here. I'm Stephanie Donovan and the current
President of STC Houston.

I look forward to sharing ideas and hearing about things that have worked
with your chapters. We are trying some new things this year as well, and so
I will share those if we have successes.

My biggest question for the group is with regards to meeting attendance. Our
chapter's attendance has been steady for the past couple of years, but it is
lower than in years' past.

I have spent a lot of time publicizing our events and we have a social media
committee that does a great job of getting the word out to all social media
outlets too.

I am seeing some older members show back up and we've had a few visitors are
a result of this, but the numbers have actually stayed about the same. Maybe
this takes time to build?

Have you found a good way to get folks to your meetings again? Please share.

Thanks!

Stephanie Donovan

STC Houston, President

donovan_stephanie at att.net <mailto:donovan_stephanie at att.net>