[Stc_presidents-discuss] Welcome to the Presidents' Email List

Michele Ladner micheleladner at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 10 00:31:35 UTC 2014

Hi, everybody.

I'm Michele Ladner and the president of the Suncoast Chapter (Tampa Bay area.)  We meet every other month (which seems to increase our attendance) and
rotate among four different cities since we cover a wide metro area.

One thing we've done is to do a food theme at each meeting (i.e. nacho night, BBQ, etc).  You can either pick the food up from a grocery store deli or area restaurant or your council members can bring a dish or two.   While this can be time consuming and occasionally messy (depending upon where your group meets), I think this has helped persuade some folks who may have driven straight home rather than show up starving and tired to a meeting after a long day of work.   Oddly enough, it has not helped us to get more students (or any students, really) to attend.

Michele
micheleladner at hotmail.com