[Stc_presidents-discuss] Welcome to the Presidents' Email List

Joe Devney joe at devney.com
Wed Dec 10 23:15:19 UTC 2014

I will introduce myself. I am the outgoing president of the Berkeley chapter. Sorta. The chapter just finished its annual election, and we had nobody to run for the vacant office. So I expect to be Acting President for some time yet.

Perhaps this is a problem other chapters have run into: lack of energetic and talented people to volunteer. Over the last 11 years, the Berkeley chapter has had only different people in the office of president, and one year with nobody in that office. How do you find and nurture new volunteers who can eventually hold chapter office?

Joe Devney