[Stc_presidents-discuss] Welcome to the Presidents' Email List

Alice Brzovic alicebrz at cox.net
Thu Dec 11 22:30:43 UTC 2014

Hi, Everybody,

My name is Alice Brzovic and I am new to president role at STC San Diego. We meet on the 2nd Tuesday of the month for dinner and a presentation.

We usually have about 20 to 25 people at our meetings. Last March we hosted a "job search roundtable." We covered the following topics: what hiring managers want, interviewing tips, resume reviews, LinkedIn profile reviews, and proactive job search skills. The meeting was fun and well attended by "young people." Also, 2 March attendees are now board members--webmaster and VP Employment. Therefore, they have roles that will further their careers. Our new VPE told me we would attract more young people if we have more events like the March meeting.

Regards,
Alice Brzovic
alicebrz at cox.net
760-721-6327