[Stc_presidents-discuss] Welcome to the Presidents' Email List

Kim Rosenlof kim at aeroink.com
Fri Dec 12 16:12:00 UTC 2014

Joe,

This has been a problem in the Phoenix Chapter as well. 2015 will be my
third year as chapter president. In 2012 we survived a vote of dissolution
by one vote (essentially mine), and I agreed to serve as President. We still
had members and we still had plenty of funds to stay running, but no one
wanted to step up to run the chapter, so I ran it in 2013 essentially by
myself. I commend the Berkeley Chapter if you guys actually have a stable
officer corps other than president!

My best advice is to have a major project going each year that chapter
members can rally around and from which you can choose top volunteers to
help out as officers. In 2013/2014 our project was ³hosting² Summit 2014 and
we had a committee of about 8 people from which I was able to get a VP and
Secretary/Treasurer for 2014 and VP for 2015. In the second half of 2014 it
was a website revamp project from which I culled a Membership Chair and
Secretary/Treasurer for 2015. In 2015 we plan to hold our first publications
competition in nearly 10 years, and I hope to find more volunteers from that
project as well, especially since my major personal goal will be to serve as
Immediate Past President in 2016.

Kim

Kim Rosenlof, President
Society for Technical Communication --  Phoenix Chapter
480-710-8830 ­ www.stc-phoenix.com