[Stc_presidents-discuss] [Stc_sigleaders-discuss] [SPF]Voting electronically in STC Chapter elections

Martha Sippel azuwrite at comcast.net
Mon Apr 6 16:29:34 UTC 2015

The Rocky Mountain Chapter uses Survey Monkey as well. As Jayme said, we
simply clone last year's ballot and make the necessary changes each year. We
upload our member's email addresses (after removing people who don't want
email). We tried using CC to do that a few years ago and encountered some
issues (sorry, I can't remember the details but it had to do with the link
itself).

We have also used Survey Monkey to conduct meeting surveys in the past. We
just don't have a volunteer to do that any more (we're very short on
volunteers).

Survey Monkey works well for us. It is simple and free. And since you can
upload your member's email addresses, I believe we determined that SM sends
a unique link directly to each of the email addresses you upload. But I'm
not positive about that.

The only issue we had was one of our former chapter members had opted out of
Survey Monkey. Once you opt out, apparently, you cannot opt back in. We've
experienced no voting irregularities.

RMC hasn't had a contested election for an officer position since 2001
(well, we had one contested race for NomCom a few years ago). That's not for
lack of effort - we're lucky to find one person for each position!

If anyone complained about our election process, we'd simply ask them to
volunteer for the chapter or run for a position. ;-)

Martha

  _____