[Stc_presidents-discuss] Program Manager Idea Sharing

President STCNE president at stcnewengland.org
Wed Aug 5 15:23:01 UTC 2015

Hi, Michelle, and everyone.

We have used Adobe Connect for the past few years to broadcast our programs
as webinars.

We make the speaker the presenter, so the speaker's slides are broadcast.
The speaker uses a headset so Adobe Connect can broadcast the speaker's
voice.

This provides a minimal, kind of clumsy webinar. It only works for one
speaker, not for panel discussions, because multiple headsets are a sound
nightmare. Only the slides are shown, so there is no image of the speaker
or the audience. The speaker's headset mic does not pick up the questions
from the audience so the speaker must remember to repeat the question, or
be interrupted and prodded to do so.

We are looking into more sophisticated equipment that can handle multiple
mics and, at least, a shot of both the speaker (or panel) and the projected
slides.

FYI, we charge $15.00 per webinar, and this money often makes the
difference between our programs losing money and breaking even. We operate
on a shoestring budget, so breaking even is a good thing.

--Nancy

On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 7:35 PM, Michelle Despres <michelle.despres at gmail.com