[Stc_presidents-discuss] Program Manager Idea Sharing

Ben Woelk ben.woelk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 16:23:03 UTC 2015

Our distance learning department suggested getting a Snowball mic (~$60).
That's improved sound quality, and should be configurable for a small panel
discussion. There are also panel mics available, but they're a bit pricier.

The hybrid in-person/virtual meeting is always a little tricky and depends
a lot on the location. For a speaker at an in-person meeting that's being
shared virtually, I'm not sure it's an effective practice for the speaker
to be wearing a headset. It may make more sense to have a facilitator wear
a headset and repeat questions to the speaker. Either way, it's a good
practice for speakers to repeat questions. (Frankly, it's easier if the
speaker is an online participant and not in physical attendance at the
meeting.)
Ben

Ben Woelk, CISSP

Author of *Shockproofing Your Use of Social Media: Staying Safe Online
<http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OJMK4T2/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00OJMK4T2&linkCode=as2&tag=infosecommun-20&linkId=2Q4UZYWENIEEKVYG>*,
available on Amazon Kindle.

*Connect with me on social media:*

   - *Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/ben.woelk>*