[Stc_presidents-discuss] [SPF] Re: Bookkeeper? Bank accounts? Credit unions?

julie.waxgiser at thomsonreuters.com julie.waxgiser at thomsonreuters.com
Tue Aug 25 13:21:49 UTC 2015

Hello, all.

The NY Metro chapter echoes what the Eastern Iowa Chapter says.

I have two things to add:

PROCESS DOCS
Our chapter uses Google Drive (although any type of repository suffices). We have Process docs that we have created and still create for everything - roles, processes, etc. Each process doc includes who does what and when (actors), templates of emails to be sent, links to requisite documents and forms (also on Google drive), and the like.

This practice might be helpful for other communities. (Hey! I might have just came up with our next application for a Pacesetter award!)

LONG-STANDING TREASURER
I spoke to Aiessa Moyna, who was the treasurer of STC before Jane Wilson. She said that if you have a long-standing treasurer for a number of years (no number specified), it is a good practice to have an independent auditor (a CPA, perhaps) take a one-time look at your community's books. You might be able to negotiate a rate with the auditor or even find one to do the job pro bono. If there are ethical concerns with a pro bono audit of your books, you might want to consult the CAC or Jane Wilson.

Thanks,
Julie Waxgiser
STC NY Metro