[Stc_presidents-discuss] [SPF] Re: Bookkeeper? Bank accounts? Credit unions?

Ann L. Wiley Consultants Inc. ann at annlwiley.com
Tue Aug 25 15:45:43 UTC 2015

In the Rochester Chapter, a long-time member and past STC President
conducted a yearly audit in behalf of the chapter for many years. A yearly
audit is a good addition to any set of chapter procedures. It protects both
the chapter and the treasurer. I have a personal issue with having someone
paid to audit the work of a volunteer. As a volunteer treasurer I would
always require a yearly audit by at least one other member of the
organization--that member also being a volunteer. I'm a church treasurer,
and this is our arrangement. Church finance volunteers are possible
volunteers to be STC Chapter treasurers.

Lori mentioned updating the guidelines for chapter treasurers. SIGs are
different, because they do not handle funds. STC handles deposits and
disbursements. The concern for SIGs is that any expenditures be properly
approved. I hope the board will be able to review the guidelines for
treasurers again soon. I have no particular questions, but would be happy to
help if that is useful.

Ann L. Wiley, CNY