[Stc_presidents-discuss] [SPF] Re: [SPF] Re: Bookkeeper? Bank accounts? Credit unions?

julie.waxgiser at thomsonreuters.com julie.waxgiser at thomsonreuters.com
Tue Aug 25 16:21:13 UTC 2015

That is helpful, Ann. Thanks!

From: stc_presidents-discuss-bounces at mailer.stc.org [mailto:stc_presidents-discuss-bounces at mailer.stc.org] On Behalf Of Ann L. Wiley Consultants Inc.
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2015 11:46 AM
To: stc_presidents-discuss at mailer.stc.org
Subject: [SPF] Re: [Stc_presidents-discuss] [SPF] Re: Bookkeeper? Bank accounts? Credit unions?

In the Rochester Chapter, a long-time member and past STC President conducted a yearly audit in behalf of the chapter for many years. A yearly audit is a good addition to any set of chapter procedures. It protects both the chapter and the treasurer. I have a personal issue with having someone paid to audit the work of a volunteer. As a volunteer treasurer I would always require a yearly audit by at least one other member of the organization--that member also being a volunteer. I'm a church treasurer, and this is our arrangement. Church finance volunteers are possible volunteers to be STC Chapter treasurers.

Lori mentioned updating the guidelines for chapter treasurers. SIGs are different, because they do not handle funds. STC handles deposits and disbursements. The concern for SIGs is that any expenditures be properly approved. I hope the board will be able to review the guidelines for treasurers again soon. I have no particular questions, but would be happy to help if that is useful.

Ann L. Wiley, CNY