[Stc_presidents-discuss] [SPF] Re: Bookkeeper? Bank accounts? Credit unions?

Lori Meyer meyer.communications at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 20:11:34 UTC 2015

Thanks for your helpful perspectives, Ann. I'm serving as interim treasurer
for the Technical Editing SIG, and I believe an updated Community Treasurer
Guide from STC would be helpful for both chapter and SIG treasurers. One
thing I would like to see in an updated guide is a discussion of the
differences between SIG and chapter treasurer duties. I think a clear
understanding of how the two types of communities differ in terms of their
financial operations would be beneficial to all community treasurers and
would make the STC staff's job easier as well.

Regards,
Lori

Lori R. Meyer
Immediate Past President, East Bay Chapter <http://ebstc.org>
Membership Manager, Rochester <http://stc-rochester.org> and San Diego
<http://www.stc-sd.org> Chapters
Membership Manager, Instructional Design and Learning SIG
<http://www.stcidlsig.org/>
Director, Carolina Chapter <http://stc-carolina.org>
Secretary, Washington DC/Baltimore Chapter <http://wdcb.stcwdc.org>
Secretary, Instructional Design and Learning
<http://www.stcidlsig.org> and Technical
Editing <http://stc-techedit.org> SIGs
Interim Treasurer, Technical Editing SIG <http://stc-techedit.org>
Social Media Volunteer, Consulting and Independent Contracting SIG
Leadership Team, STC Community Affairs Committee
meyer.communications at gmail.com
Twitter: @lrmeyer747