[Stc_presidents-discuss] Stc_presidents-discuss Digest, Vol 9, Issue 20

Vice President STC-PMC stcpmcvp at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 02:20:51 UTC 2015


Thanks!
I did communicate with Nancy offline already. Ben connected me to her on
this subject the other day. If you like, I can reiterate it here, but I
think I answered her questions already.

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 9:50 PM, President STC-PMC <
stcpmc.president at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Nancy
>
> Our past treasurer, Tim Esposito, did an excellent job for years taking
> care of our books and working with our Programs person to find ways to keep
> costs down. I added him to this thread in case he has any ideas.
>
> Thanks,
> Jessie
>
>
> Jessie Mallory
> STC-Philadelphia Metro Chapter President
> president at stcpmc.org
> www.stcpmc.org
> [image: www.stc.org] <http://www.stc.org>
>
> On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 8:00 AM, <
> stc_presidents-discuss-request at mailer.stc.org> wrote:
>
>> Send Stc_presidents-discuss mailing list submissions to
>>         stc_presidents-discuss at mailer.stc.org
>>
>> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>>         http://mailer.stc.org/mailman/listinfo/stc_presidents-discuss
>> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>>         stc_presidents-discuss-request at mailer.stc.org
>>
>> You can reach the person managing the list at
>>         stc_presidents-discuss-owner at mailer.stc.org
>>
>> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
>> than "Re: Contents of Stc_presidents-discuss digest..."
>>
>> Today's Topics:
>>
>>    1. Bookkeeper? Bank accounts? Credit unions? (President STCNE)
>>    2. Re: Bookkeeper? Bank accounts? Credit     unions? (Richard
>> Mateosian)
>>    3. Re: Bookkeeper? Bank accounts? Credit     unions? (Lori Meyer)
>>    4. Re: Bookkeeper? Bank accounts? Credit     unions?
>>       (Sharon L. McDonnell)
>>
>>
>> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
>> From: President STCNE <president at stcnewengland.org>
>> To: "Presidents' Email List" <stc_presidents-discuss at mailer.stc.org>
>> Cc:
>> Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 21:09:29 -0400
>> Subject: [Stc_presidents-discuss] Bookkeeper? Bank accounts? Credit
>> unions?
>> Hi, everyone.
>>
>> Our paid bookkeeper, who has worked for STC New England for 12 years, is
>> leaving us in December.
>>
>> We must learn everything we can from her in the next four months, while
>> also referring to the *Guidelines for STC Community Treasurers*,
>> published in March 2011.
>>
>> My questions to this list are:
>>
>>
>>    1. Do you have a paid bookkeeper? Are you happy with the relationship?
>>    2. If you don't, but rely on an STC chapter member, do you keep that
>>    person on year after year?
>>    3. If you have frequent turnover, how do you handle it? How do you
>>    find qualified people?
>>
>> If you have any particular advice or godly admonitions for us, lay them
>> on us!
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> --Nancy Allison
>> STC New England
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
>> From: Richard Mateosian <xrmxrm at gmail.com>
>> To: President STCNE <president at stcnewengland.org>
>> Cc: "Presidents' Email List" <stc_presidents-discuss at mailer.stc.org>
>> Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 18:32:37 -0700
>> Subject: Re: [Stc_presidents-discuss] Bookkeeper? Bank accounts? Credit
>> unions?
>> None of the chapters I belong to has a paid bookkeeper. We all have
>> elected treasurers. Most have served for many years, but the job places few
>> demands on anyone.
>>
>> I am treasurer of the Berkeley Chapter. The financial reports we send STC
>> are accurate but no more detailed than necessary, The tax filings take a
>> few minutes each year. Meeting accounting is the most work, but I don't see
>> how a paid bookkeeper would help with that.   ...RM
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 6:09 PM, President STCNE <
>> president at stcnewengland.org> wrote:
>>
>>> My questions to this list are:
>>>
>>>
>>>    1. Do you have a paid bookkeeper? Are you happy with the
>>>    relationship?
>>>    2. If you don't, but rely on an STC chapter member, do you keep that
>>>    person on year after year?
>>>    3. If you have frequent turnover, how do you handle it? How do you
>>>    find qualified people?
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>>
>> Richard Mateosian <xrm at pacbell.net>
>> Berkeley, California
>>
>>
>> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
>> From: Lori Meyer <meyer.communications at gmail.com>
>> To: President STCNE <president at stcnewengland.org>
>> Cc: "Presidents' Email List" <stc_presidents-discuss at mailer.stc.org>
>> Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 21:05:38 -0700
>> Subject: Re: [Stc_presidents-discuss] Bookkeeper? Bank accounts? Credit
>> unions?
>>
>> Hi, Nancy and everyone,
>>
>> I have volunteered for several STC chapters and none of them has used a
>> paid bookkeeper. Often, the chapter treasurer serves for two or more years.
>>
>> I think it would be beneficial for both chapters and SIGs to have an
>> update of the Guidelines for STC Community Treasurers, since the last
>> release was in 2011. STC Board members, would this be something that could
>> be done in 2016?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Lori Meyer
>> Volunteer, lots of communities
>> On Aug 24, 2015 6:09 PM, "President STCNE" <president at stcnewengland.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, everyone.
>>>
>>> Our paid bookkeeper, who has worked for STC New England for 12 years, is
>>> leaving us in December.
>>>
>>> We must learn everything we can from her in the next four months, while
>>> also referring to the *Guidelines for STC Community Treasurers*,
>>> published in March 2011.
>>>
>>> My questions to this list are:
>>>
>>>
>>>    1. Do you have a paid bookkeeper? Are you happy with the
>>>    relationship?
>>>    2. If you don't, but rely on an STC chapter member, do you keep that
>>>    person on year after year?
>>>    3. If you have frequent turnover, how do you handle it? How do you
>>>    find qualified people?
>>>
>>> If you have any particular advice or godly admonitions for us, lay them
>>> on us!
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> --Nancy Allison
>>> STC New England
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Stc_presidents-discuss mailing list
>>> Stc_presidents-discuss at mailer.stc.org
>>> http://mailer.stc.org/mailman/listinfo/stc_presidents-discuss
>>>
>>>
>>
>> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
>> From: "Sharon L. McDonnell" <s.l.mcdonnell at att.net>
>> To: "'President STCNE'" <president at stcnewengland.org>, "'Presidents'
>> Email List'" <stc_presidents-discuss at mailer.stc.org>
>> Cc:
>> Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 07:17:43 -0400
>> Subject: Re: [Stc_presidents-discuss] Bookkeeper? Bank accounts? Credit
>> unions?
>>
>> STC-SM has never had a paid bookkeeper. Our treasurer is an elected
>> position and our bylaws dictate that a treasurer can only serve for 3
>> consecutive years. I myself served for 3 years, dropped out for a year,
>> then came back and served for 2 more years.
>>
>>
>>
>> *From:* stc_presidents-discuss-bounces at mailer.stc.org [mailto:
>> stc_presidents-discuss-bounces at mailer.stc.org] *On Behalf Of *President
>> STCNE
>> *Sent:* Monday, August 24, 2015 9:09 PM
>> *To:* Presidents' Email List
>> *Subject:* [Stc_presidents-discuss] Bookkeeper? Bank accounts? Credit
>> unions?
>>
>>
>>
>> Hi, everyone.
>>
>>
>>
>> Our paid bookkeeper, who has worked for STC New England for 12 years, is
>> leaving us in December.
>>
>>
>>
>> We must learn everything we can from her in the next four months, while
>> also referring to the *Guidelines for STC Community Treasurers*,
>> published in March 2011.
>>
>>
>>
>> My questions to this list are:
>>
>>
>>
>>    1. Do you have a paid bookkeeper? Are you happy with the relationship?
>>    2. If you don't, but rely on an STC chapter member, do you keep that
>>    person on year after year?
>>    3. If you have frequent turnover, how do you handle it? How do you
>>    find qualified people?
>>
>> If you have any particular advice or godly admonitions for us, lay them
>> on us!
>>
>>
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>>
>>
>> --Nancy Allison
>>
>> STC New England
>>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Stc_presidents-discuss mailing list
>> Stc_presidents-discuss at mailer.stc.org
>> http://mailer.stc.org/mailman/listinfo/stc_presidents-discuss
>>
>>
>


-- 

Timothy Esposito
Vice President, STC-Philadelphia Metro Chapter
vp at stcpmc.org
www.stcpmc.org
<http://www.stc.org/>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mailer.stc.org/pipermail/stc_presidents-discuss/attachments/20150826/bc0723f6/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Stc_presidents-discuss mailing list