[Stc_presidents-discuss] 2015 Chapter Contact Information

Ann L. Wiley Consultants Inc. ann at annlwiley.com
Thu Feb 5 19:35:33 UTC 2015

Which chapter is yours Mirhonda? I think it would be great to see each other’s lists of leaders and chapter descriptions.

Our team in the Central New York Chapter is posted on http://www.stccny.org/contacts.htm  -- I’m the president; Roberta (Bobbi) Werner at Welch Allyn is treasurer; Beth Fischi who works remotely from Ithaca is secretary. All three of us have lots of other roles too and we update that information on the website as it changes.

On the Society website I would like to say the following:

The Central New York Chapter of STC is at the center of the network of technical communicators in Syracuse and the surrounding region. The region is vast and includes Auburn, Fulton, Oswego, Watertown, Canton, Little Falls, Cooperstown, Cobleskill, Amsterdam, Norwich, Greene, Cortland, Binghamton, Johnson City, Elmira, Ithaca, Otsego, Owego, Oneida, Utica, Clinton, Sherrill, and Rome. Technical communicators in the adjacent areas of Albany, Schenectady, Saratoga, and Rensselaer counties join too, as do members in adjacent areas to the west including Corning, Seneca Falls, and Geneva. If you live a long way from other technical communicators, you will find you have a lot in common with the members of the Central New York Chapter and you are welcome to join!

Meetings and educational events are free for chapter members, and held online with a simultaneous gathering for educational events at Welch Allyn in Skaneateles Falls. The chapter has a membership directory and members receive a monthly news update from the president with information from STC and news of the field.

Thanks,

Ann