[Stc_presidents-discuss] New CAA Guidelines

Richard Mateosian xrmxrm at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 04:58:33 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 8:32 PM, Johnson, Debra <Debra.Johnson at wyn.com>
wrote:

> *We were wondering what you think… So would you be so kind as to answer a
> few questions for us as a fellow community?*
>

> 1.       If you have submitted CAA applications in the past, were you
> intending to do so for 2015?

The Berkeley Chapter has submitted applications in the past -- and even won
--  but we stopped quite a few years ago because we didn't like the process
or the attitude of the judges.

> 2.       Has the new application changed your mind about applying?

I haven't looked at it, but one of the points I have complained about for
many years is that the guidelines come out after the year starts. It's
unnecessary and demotivating, but that doesn't seem to affect the folks who
keep doing it the same way year after year.

> 3.       Please comment on the application: Do you believe it’s a fair
> way to assess the strength of a community’s activities? Specifically, how
> do you think your community will fare under the new guidelines?
>

> 4.       Would your community support an appeal to the CAAEC and the
> Board (if necessary) to revise the scoring in order to take into
> consideration the late release of the point assignments as well as to
> “level the playing field” to account for community size and financial
> resources?

Berkeley Chapter has no current plans to review the guidelines or
participate in the contest.   ...RM

--

Richard Mateosian <xrm at pacbell.net>
Berkeley, California