[Stc_presidents-discuss] New CAA Guidelines

MK Grueneberg marykay.stc at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 20:12:28 UTC 2015

Richard, I apologize if I attributed issues to you that were not yours - I
tried to take notes while catching up with the thread as best I could. As
far as wanting the guidelines in plan before the year starts...I did try to
address that. For the 4 years that I have been on the CAAEC and in the
several years prior to that as a community leader helping to fill out the
CAA application, I can attest to the fact that the guidelines have not
significantly changed until this year. Waiting until mid-year simply meant
waiting to fill in the form, not waiting to adjust to different criteria
9with minor exceptions, of course).  As for this year, as I stated, working
from the old guidelines should have been sufficient until these new
guidelines came out. As someone already pointed out in this thread, many
communities do not follow a calendar year and instead their "program year"
has just now started, which gives them ample time to adjust the first half
of their program year to meet requirements. Similarly, those that do follow
a calendar year have time to adjust the second half of their program plan.

Since this is a transitional year, I would assume there will be changes to
the form next year. However, those changes will only be able to come after
the judging period - after we can clearly see what has and has not worked.
Which means that the updated guidelines for 2016 cannot be released prior
to 2016 - it will have to wait until early spring once again. Since changes
arise out of discovered discrepancies, confusion, etc., which are only
found during the judging period, I see no way around a spring release. It
is not a matter of putting our needs before the communities - it is simply
a matter of logistics.

MK

Regards,

MK Grueneberg

STC Chicago | 2015 STC Community of Distinction | 2011 Community of the Year
@stcchicago @MKGee