[Stc_presidents-discuss] Fraud attempt directed at STC Rochester Chapter

Ben Woelk ben.woelk at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 19:13:18 UTC 2016

Our chapter treasurer received an email today (treasurer at stc-rochester.org)
purportedly from our chapter president (president#stc-rochester.org) with
the Subject line TRANSFER REQUEST.

I haven't seen the message headers yet, but I'm sure the originating
address was spoofed. The scammer used the correct names, so there was some
reconnaissance done. This type of fraud is becoming common.

If you don't have a process to check disbursement requests, I highly
recommend you develop one.

Here's the message text.