[Stc_presidents-discuss] Spectrum 2017 registration is now open and we have a special discount for STC Communities

Ben Woelk fbwis at rit.edu
Sat Jan 14 14:39:15 UTC 2017

Hi Fellow Leaders!

STC Rochester is proud to announce that registration is now open for the Spectrum 2017 Technical Communication conference<http://stc-rochester.org/spectrum/>, March 26-28, 2017 at the Rochester Institute of Technology, featuring keynote speaker, Joe Gollner<http://stc-rochester.org/spectrum/spectrum-2017-keynote-joe-gollner/>. Our theme this year is Optimizing Your Role in an Evolving Profession.

Spectrum kicks off Sunday afternoon, March 26th, with our Leadership Program, followed by an opening speaker networking reception and dinner.

Monday, March 27 brings the full conference. Fourteen presentation sessions, eight progressions, and six lightning talks<http://stc-rochester.org/spectrum/schedule/>, followed by our after-party.

Tuesday, March 28 brings four 1/2 day workshops<http://stc-rochester.org/spectrum/spectrum-2017-workshop-schedule/>, available for an additional fee.

Discounted Pricing for STC Community Members

STC Rochester is offering a 33% discount from the regular STC Member registration to chapters or SIGs that purchase three or more tickets. (The rate for the Sunday/Monday Combo ticket drops from $189 to $126. The Monday-only ticket drops from $159 to $106.) This rate will be available until March 9th and may be accessed using the "Neighbors" promo code or through the following link: <https://www.eventbrite.com/e/spectrum-2017-optimizing-your-role-in-an-evolving-profession-registration-30700474947?discount=Neighbors>

We look forward to seeing many of you this spring!

Please contact Frances Nardia and Ben Woelk, Spectrum Conference co-chairs at spectrum at stc-rochester.org<mailto:spectrum at stc-rochester.org> with any questions.

Ben Woelk, CISSP
Scholarship Committee Chair, Society for Technical Communication
Vice President and Spectrum Co-chair, Rochester Chapter, Society for Technical Communication

Author of Shockproofing Your Use of Social Media: Staying Safe Online<http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OJMK4T2/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00OJMK4T2&linkCode=as2&tag=infosecommun-20&linkId=2Q4UZYWENIEEKVYG>, available on Amazon Kindle.

Connect with me on social media:

  *   Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/ben.woelk>
  *   LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/in/benwoelk>
  *   Twitter: @benwoelk<https://twitter.com/#%21/benwoelk>