[Stc_presidents-discuss] New STC Scholarship Committee is Here to Help

Ben Woelk fbwis at rit.edu
Mon Jan 16 15:51:54 UTC 2017

Hello STC Leaders,
We sent this email back on 12/1/16. We’ve heard back from four chapters. Are any of the rest of you doing anything with scholarships?
Ben

Greetings from the STC Scholarship Committee! The STC Scholarship Committee is here to:

·       Create and promote effective scholarship and grant practices for geographic communities

·       Establish Society-level scholarships and grants

Our mission includes supporting chapter/geographic community scholarship programs. If your chapter has an active scholarship or is thinking about starting a scholarship, we want to hear from you! We’re compiling a list of best practices for funding and awarding scholarships, and we want to learn from your experiences.

Help us help you by taking this four-question poll<https://goo.gl/forms/NehZR5gYlSNFuDd13>.

In addition, the committee is available to help promote your scholarships, generate applicants, and publicize recipients. We can also help assess applications and judge entries.

These enthusiastic STC members are your scholarship committee:

·       Ben Woelk (Rochester, Academic SIG, Policies and Procedures SIG)

·       Bethany Aguad (Orlando Central Florida, Technical Editing SIG)

·       Timothy Esposito (Philadelphia Metro)

·       Christina Mayr (Carolina)

·       Sylvia Miller (Instructional Design and Learning SIG)

·       Michael Opsteegh (Orange County, Texas Tech)

·       Julie Watts (Twin Cities)

We’d love to hear from you. Contact us at scholarship at cac-stc.org<mailto:scholarship at cac-stc.org>.

https://www.stc.org/committees/scholarship-committee/

Offering a scholarship will allow your community to establish connections at area universities that will connect your chapter to students, and build relationships between schools and your chapter and STC.

Ben Woelk, CISSP
Scholarship Committee Chair, Society for Technical Communication
Vice President, Rochester Chapter, Society for Technical Communication

Author of Shockproofing Your Use of Social Media: Staying Safe Online<http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OJMK4T2/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00OJMK4T2&linkCode=as2&tag=infosecommun-20&linkId=2Q4UZYWENIEEKVYG>, available on Amazon Kindle.

Connect with me on social media:

  *   Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/ben.woelk>
  *   LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/in/benwoelk>
  *   Twitter: @benwoelk<https://twitter.com/#%21/benwoelk>