[Stc_presidents-discuss] Please join us for a free webinar on Learning SharePoint and share with all your chapter members

Lin Laurie webservices at stc-psc.org
Fri Oct 13 05:14:52 UTC 2017

Hi Fellow Presidents!
Here is a free event you can add and push out to your chapter members. Free learning content!!!

This is a free webinar on October 21st from 10am -to 12 pm. PST

All registered users will receive a recording of the session. Register here<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/saturday-series-session-2-introducing-sharepoint-a-free-webinar-tickets-37779265801>. We have 100-seat webinar tool available for these Saturday Sessions.

SharePoint is a collaborative environment that allows teams to share and manage documents across internet and intranets, and is popular in most top companies.

You will learn how to:

  *   Navigate around in it,
Check files in and out in ways that are safe and allow others to easily tell that the files are already being used by another.
  *   Add single and multiple files using the SP interface as well as how to use the Windows File Explorer interface to navigate and manage files.
  *   Delete and add files
  *   Set up document areas
  *   Perform some customization of your interface
  *   Set up calendars and team spaces
  *   Set up your front page as an intranet site.
  *   Upload files and other items
  *   Link to videos and other files
  *   Learn some of its other basic functionality.
  *   Review the Visual Designer
  *   Review some simple administration tasks

This session will show you some other skills that will help you when you first use SharePoint. You should take this class if you've never seen a SharePoint site or if you want to increase your understanding of how they function.

This class is free but you must register on EventBrite to receive the webinar details. All registered users will receive a recording of the session.

Register here<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/saturday-series-session-2-introducing-sharepoint-a-free-webinar-tickets-37779265801>. We have 100-seat webinar tool available for these Saturday Sessions and in fact, want to invite other chapters to offer their own tools to train on and we'll facilitate using our tool to help you put on a webinar that will help our chapter.

Do this ahead of time: Download and test our Zoom tool to verify that it functions prior to the event. I suggest you perform the audio test if you plan to use VOIP prior to the meeting event or you will have audio problems and we will not be dealing with them during the event.

Seeking Others to Participate as Trainers on Other Subjects

We are doing a session on Learning Word in November and we're looking for people who'd like to do similar sessions on PPT, Excel, and other tools that are standard tools for new tech comm graduates or those returning after an absence. But anyone can come and pick up some forgotten learnings. What can you teach? Or who would be a good person to reach out to?

About the Presenter:  Lin Laurie is an experienced Office training, and also an Adobe Technical Training Partner. She's an expert Captivate and RoboHelp Trainer and the current president of the STC Puget Sound (Seattle-area) Chapter. She runs her own company, www.linlaurie.com<http://www.linlaurie.com> and has been active in the technical writing and instructional design communities in both Seattle and San Diego for more than 40 years. Prior to that, she was a custom financial applications software developer in Silicon Valley.